Banking for All Generations
Nikkei Credit Union is a progressive, full-service financial institution serving the Japanese American Community in Southern California. We provide quality service as a not-for-profit financial cooperative, owned and democratically controlled by our membership.
1952: Twelve members pooled their funds together and founded Gardena Valley Japanese Credit Union.
Change is Good
1998: Our growth and success gave us reason to recharge with a new name and new look - Nikkei Credit Union.
2017: With over 5,400 members and $65 million in assets, we're prouder than ever of our success - and we strive to offer Banking for All Generations.
To be the financial service choice for the Nikkei community.
To provide quality financial products through personalized service and innovation.
Our Core Values
- Strive for Excellence - Embrace Change
- One Team. One Goal.
- Empower Yourself through Knowledge
- Safeguard Member's Privacy and Financial Interests
- Kodomo No Tame Ni - For the Sake of the Children
- Inspire Trust, Be Ethical: Do the Right Thing
- Be Passionate about Delivering Exceptional Experiences
- Treat Everyone with Respect, Sincerity, and Compassion