According to Javelin Strategy & Research, there were 15.4 million identity fraud victims in 2016, a sixteen percent increase from 2015. Identity theft complaints were the second most reported complaint received by the Federal Trade Commission, according to its 2016 annual report of complaints. This represents a 47 percent increase from 2014.
Secure Plus Checking Offers the Protection You Need
With Secure Plus Checking, you'll receive great Nikkei checking features, such as online banking, bill pay, eStatements and IDProtect - identity theft monitoring and resolution service.1
- Up to $10,000 Identity Theft Expense Reimbursement Coverage2 – to cover expenses associated with restoring your identity.
- Fully Managed Identity Theft Resolution Services – access to a dedicated fraud specialist assigned to manage your case who will work with you until your identity is restored
- Identity Theft Recovery Case Plan - to inform you of the recovery process
- Credit File Monitoring3 – daily credit file monitoring and automated alerts of key changes to your Experian, Equifax and TransUnion credit reports. Credit file monitoring may take several days to begin following activation. (Registration/activation required.)
- Total Identity Monitoring – monitoring of more than 1,000 databases and public records to identify suspicious activity, including credit header information, phone records, United States Postal Service records, and more. A risk rating is generated with each monthly scan and if your scan reflects a high-risk score, you will be notified. (Registration/activation may be required.)
- 3-in-1 Credit Report – request a new 3-in-1 report every 90 days or upon receipt of credit alert. (Registration/activation required.)
- Credit Score - receive a new single bureau credit score with every new credit report. Credit Score is a VantageScore 3.0 based on single credit bureau data. Third parties may use a different VantageScore or a different type of credit score to assess your creditworthiness. (Registration/activation required)
- Debit and Credit Card Registration. (Registration/activation required.)
- Online Identity Theft News Center and valuable phone and web resources. (Registration/activation required.)
Registration and activation is easy!
Go to www.IDProtectMe247.com using the access code given when signing up for this account and follow the simple step-by-step instructions to register and activate benefits. If you do not have your access code, please see a representative from Nikkei Credit Union for assistance.
1IDProtect is a personal identity theft protection service available to personal checking account owner(s), their joint account owners and their eligible family members. The service is available to non-publicly traded businesses and their business owner(s) listed on the account and their eligible family members (service not available to employees or authorized signers who are not owners). Service is not available to a “signer” on the account who is not an account owner. Service is not available to clubs, organizations and/or churches and their members, schools and their employees/students. For revocable grantor trusts, the service is available only when a grantor is serving as a trustee and covers the grantor trustee(s) and their eligible family members. For all other fiduciary accounts, the service covers the beneficiary, who must be the primary member, and their eligible family members (Fiduciary is not covered). Family includes: Spouse, person qualifying as a domestic partner, and children under 25 years of age and parent(s) who are residents of the same household.
2Special Program Notes: The descriptions herein are summaries only and do not include all terms, conditions and exclusions of the Benefits described. Please refer to the actual Guide to Benefit and/or insurance documents for complete details of coverage and exclusions. Coverage is offered through the company named in the Guide to Benefit or on the certificate of insurance.
3Credit file monitoring may take several days to begin following activation.
Insurance Products are not insured by the NCUA or any Federal Government Agency; Not a deposit of or guaranteed by the CU or any CU Affiliate.