Good savings habits start at home. While your children are young, show them how interest dividends work when they save more into their savings account.
Two Options to Consider:
- UTMA – Uniform Transfer to Minor Act
This account requires a custodian who will act on behalf of the minor. The minor is unable to conduct any transactions until the custodian formally turns the account over to the minor.
- Minor's Account (Joint Account with parent)
By opening the minor's account with a joint owner (usually a parent), it allows both the minor and the joint owner to conduct transactions.
To Get Started: Nikkei Credit Union membership and a $5 initial deposit
How to Connect to Your Youth Account
- FREE Nikkei Online Banking
- FREE Nikkei-by-Phone access at (310) 324-1544
- Over 28,000 surcharge-free CO-OP Network ATM locations
- Over 5,500 surcharge-free kiosks at 7-Eleven® locations
- Over 6,500 surcharge-free CU Service Centers
Get started today.
More about this Account