Skip-A-Payment allows you to make no payment on your loan for one month, freeing up some extra cash for those moments you just need a little more wiggle room in your wallet. Talk to a member service representative for more information!
- New and used auto, personal and share secured loans are eligible for Skip-a-Payment
- Loans must be open for 6 months
- Loan payments must be on time for at least 6 months (if member has 2 loans and one is late, member will be excluded from the offer)
- 10-day notice prior to loan payment due date
- In accordance with the GAP contract, you may only skip one payment per year and two per term
- There is a $30 processing fee
All you have to do is complete and return the form with a $30 processing fee at least 10 days before your payment is due.
If you have any questions, please call (310) 324-1544 or visit our branch.
*Skip-a-Payment option is only valid for one month for loans current and in good standing. Mortgages, Home Equity Loans, and Lines of Credit are excluded. Loans with GAP or warranty coverage will not be extended beyond the original maturity date. All Skip-a-Payment deferrals are subject to Nikkei Credit Union approval. Certain restrictions may apply. If you elect to skip a payment, we must receive your Skip-a-Payment form and processing fee ($30 per loan) at least 10 days prior to your scheduled payment date. Late fees as outlined in the loan agreement will apply if the Skip-a-Payment form and processing fee is not received and the loan payment is not made by the due date. The request for Skip-a-Payment for one month will delay the payoff date there will be additional finance charges on the unpaid loan balance(s). By choosing to skip a payment, you will authorize Nikkei Credit Union to change your payment schedule.