(Non-Alcoholic) Summer Drinks For Vacation Vibes!
Updated: Nov 2, 2022
Summer brings family and friends to gather and enjoy the summer season with BBQs, game nights, and day trips. But to enhance your family gatherings this summer season, why not set to impress with a new summer drink for all to enjoy? Having that perfect, refreshing "mocktail" (a non-alcoholic beverage) to quench your thirst is something the whole family can enjoy! Just be prepared to have the drink recipes available and ready to pass over to your guests because after they get one taste of these tastebud zingers, they'll want more!
So get ready, start that shopping list, and maybe even surprise your family today with a new family favorite beverage to enjoy this summer season!
Nothing brings us back to our childhood like an excellent float beverage! Although the traditional Root Beer Float will always be a go-to favorite, why not mix it up a bit and "summer-ize" it? This is something you and your kids are sure to love and can even be used as a dessert!
• 2 cups orange juice
• 1-quart apple juice
• 1-pint raspberry sorbet (or your favorite sorbet)
1. Pour the orange juice and the apple juice into a large pitcher and stir well.
2. Fill tall, frosted glasses with crushed ice, and add the juice.
3. Top each glass with a scoop of sorbet to serve.
MELON PARTY SURPRISE
Ice cold melon is always a favorite during the day's heat or a perfect summer refreshment for the evening! Surprise your guests with this festive treat they can sip on and eat! This is sure to be a party favorite!
• 25.4 oz Sparkling white grape juice
• 2 cups clear, lemon-lime flavored soda
• 1 cup lemonade
• 1 small watermelon
• 1 small cantaloupe
• 1 small honeydew melon
• fresh mint leaves
• 2 sliced limes (more if you want to use them for a nice decorative garnish!)
1. Use a melon baller to scoop out the flesh of the watermelon, cantaloupe, and honeydew.
2. Place melon balls on a cookie sheet lined with foil.
3. Freeze overnight.
(Day of Serving)
1. In a pitcher, stir together grape juice, soda, and lemonade.
2. Place in the refrigerator to chill.
3. When ready to serve, add a few cups of melon balls to the pitcher, fresh mint leaves, and slices of lime.
5. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to blend.
6. Serve cold using additional frozen melon balls as ice cubes.
7. As a nice touch, garnish glasses with lime slices and mint leaves.
SUMMER LOVE’N LEMONADE
A good lemonade is a must when enjoying the summer season! That slightly sweet but slightly sour taste does something to your taste buds that makes them extra happy and tells you they want more! So enjoy this recipe to make your lemonade a little extra special this season!
• 1 ¼ lb strawberries washed & cut in halves, about 4 cups
• 2 lemons quartered (you can use limes to make strawberry limeade)
• ½ - ¾ cup sugar to taste
• 6 cups of water
• Strawberry slices, lemon slices, and mint
1. First, blend only strawberries with honey and 1 cup of water.
2. Then, place the blended strawberries mix in a pitcher.
3. In the same blender (no need to rinse it), blend quartered lemons with 1-2 cups of water.
4. Strain the lemon mix into the pitcher, mix well and add the rest of the water. Taste and adjust sweetness level if needed.
5. Serve cold over ice and garnished with strawberry slices, lemon slices, and herbs.